Sunday, November 22, 2015

Failing Myself


Failing Myself

1. My concept is how I (the colorless me) am trying to catch myself (who has color), who is falling from a tower in the skies. The idea is that I failed to save the last bit of color and now I am only a  black and white shell.

2. I am incredibly happy with my results because of how it was, in the beginning, incredibly hard to do, messing up a lot of times throughout the whole process, but in the end I was able to finish. I am proud of coming up of a dramatic idea that portrayed my ideas and thoughts.
                                                        

                    ^            
                     |  (this image)
3. I used numerous layer masks to easily erase some parts of the layer's background, to show the layer underneath it. This was made so the erasing would not be permanent, the mask was easily disposable if I was unsatisfied with it. I had made many layer masks, which one them was for erasing the background of me "falling". First, I had gotten a separated background onto a layer on Photoshop. Adjusting the image size and resolution, so it could fit well onto the new layer. Next, I adjusted the image of me "falling" so it would not be too pix-elated. Then, I copied and pasted the picture of me bending onto a new layer, being above the previously made layer. I then clicked on "layer" tab, near the top, and clicked on add layer mask. I chose reveal all, so I could erase the portions of the picture that I did not like. The layer mask should be directly next to the layer. Next, I used the magnetic lasso tool to outline myself, and then I clicked on inverse. I then clicked on the layer mask, not the layer, and erased all of the background, until only I was left.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Jack! This is really deep. I like the way it's you that is letting yourself down since you're letting yourself go. The craftsmanship is just astounding. This looked really confusing to create and you did a really great job at doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JACK. THIS IS GREAT! ITS AMAZING. WOW. It shows how much time and effort you put into your work. I love it, the concept, the final and I am happy that you are happy with your final.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing concept and was very well executed! you're very skilled at photoshop as well, and I think it's awesome that you're proud of the outcome, you should be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your poses are absolutely perfect for your concept, especially the one reaching up. It was a nice idea to take pictures outside because the wind added the perfect touch to making it look like you're flying. I also love the way you cropped all your subjects because the edges are very clean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is really interesting! i like how you used juxtaposition in your project to separate what seems like heaven from the real world.

    ReplyDelete